Are you going through a tough time just now?
Feeling overwhelmed? Or stuck? Or hurt? Or lost?
Maybe you’re searching for a deeper sense of meaning or purpose in your life?
Or maybe you’re close to losing hope – wondering if things will always be like this. It can seem hard to know where to turn next…
Therapy is about finding your way again.
It’s about healing.
Uncovering the answers you already hold inside you.
And respecting the value of your life.
With counselling and psychotherapy, we can draw upon the things that really matter to you, and use them to navigate by.
We can unearth the strengths that have sustained you, and build on them.
You’ll learn more about who you are, what makes you happy, how to enhance your relationships, and how to make decisions you’re clear and content about.
You’ll begin to restore yourself and gather your resources for the journey ahead.
And then, one stepping-stone at a time, you can walk towards a life of meaning and purpose.
You’ve already taken the first step by deciding you want something to change. That’s often the hardest step.
If you’re ready to take the next step out of pain and towards healing, contact me.
I look forward to working with you.
One Life Counselling & Psychotherapy, Grafton & Sydney
Grad. Dip. Counselling & Psychotherapy (Dux)
B.A. Fine Arts (Honours)
B.A. Communications Studies
MACA (Member, Australian Counselling Association)
Member, Cancer Counselling Professionals (CCP)
Member, International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO) .
Why work with me?
My counselling & psychotherapy qualifications & experience
My qualifications, extensive experience, and passion for this work are your guarantee of a quality and caring therapy experience:
- Fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist (Grad Dip Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Registered member of The Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
- Member of the Cancer Counselling Professionals (CCP).
- Member of the International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO).
- Former Editor, The CAPA Quarterly, journal of Counsellors & Psychotherapists Assoc NSW.
- Facilitator of hundreds of telephone support groups at Cancer Council NSW.
You can find out more about my counselling qualifications and experience here.
Or read this Sydney Morning Herald article on why I became a therapist. .
Counselling and psychotherapy for your life
Life can be tough sometimes. And in your unique life, with its unique circumstances and relationships, it’s probably going to be challenging in a very unique way. That’s why I tailor the therapy to suit your life by using a mix of therapeutic modalities, depending on what’s most useful to you right now.
Some of these areas might include:
- anger management
- bereavement counselling
- cancer counselling
- being a carer
- making important decisions about your life
- living with chronic or terminal illness
- learning more about who you are and what you want in life
- living mindfully with death and existential issues
- living with loss
- fertility or infertility counselling
- family systems counselling
- grief counselling
- issues around identity
- pain management (both physical and emotional pain)
- personal growth
- pregnancy and parenting issues
- relationship counselling
- self-esteem building
- stress reduction
- overcoming suicidal thoughts
- managing transitions in your life.
Convenient locations: Grafton & Sydney
I work in both Grafton on the Mid-North Coast of NSW, and Sydney, in Glebe.
Or, if you’d prefer the convenience and comfort of being in your own home for your sessions, I also offer appointments over the telephone and online via Skype and email.
So wherever you happen to be in the world, if you’d like to work together, please contact me.
Sometimes travelling to an office for an appointment is too time-consuming or too difficult.
Many clients prefer their sessions to be over the phone, as it’s convenient, private and comfortable for them (and saves the time, cost and hassle of travelling to an appointment).
People living with disabilities or illness, and people who are caring for others often particularly appreciate this option.
If you’d like to learn more about how telephone counselling could work for you, please contact me.
Online counselling available anywhere in the world
If you don’t happen to live in Grafton or on the NSW Mid-North Coast or in Sydney but would still like to work together, online counselling is a great option. And, of course, you can access it anywhere, wherever you happen to be in the world, as long as you have a quiet, private place to be in.
I offer online therapy via Skype, or you can read more about my email counselling here.
Useful counselling & psychotherapy resources
When we work together, I want you to feel confident that you can take what you learn in therapy back into your life. So you’re ready to walk the path ahead. I think it’s important to share some knowledge about therapy and how it works. So here’s some resources you might find interesting:
- Find out how counselling and psychotherapy actually work. .
- Learn the difference between counselling, psychotherapy, psychology and psychiatry. .
- Read some of my articles about counselling. .
- Checkout these useful links to crisis support, counselling and psychotherapy information and online cognitive behavioural therapy modules. ..
- Find great therapy books in our virtual bookshop. .
- Unlock your inner therapist at ‘The Therapist Within‘, my blog exploring therapeutic questions and counselling techniques. .
- Find therapeutic updates on One Life Counselling & Psychotherapy’s Facebook page. .
- Checkout the latest counselling news with One Life Counselling & Psychotherapy on Twitter. ...
Step into a richer life today
Contact me to see how counselling and psychotherapy can help.