Counselling & therapy resources
Lifeline 13 11 14 Free telephone counselling, Australia-wide, 24-hours.
Other useful resources
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636 Information on depression.
- Mental Health in Multicultural Australia 1300 136 289
- Black Dog Institute (02) 9382 4530 Information on depression & bipolar disorder.
- Suicide Prevention Australia (02) 9568 3111 Information & resources.
- Mindhealthconnect Find mental health & wellbeing info and services in Australia
- SANE Australia 1800 187 263 Mental health symptoms, treatments, medications.
- GriefLink (02) 6882 9222 Resources on death-related grief.
- Adults Surviving Child Sexual Abuse 1300 657 380 Support, information, referrals.
- Cancer Information & Support 13 11 20 Information on any aspect of cancer.
- Australian Drug Info Network Alcohol & drug rehabilitation services.
- Mindfulness.org.au Mindfulness techniques.
- Mood Gym A free, self-help, online cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program.
- Lifeline Service Finder Search for your local support services in Australia.
- NSW Rape Crisis Centre 1800 424 017 Rape counselling & referral, 24-hours.
- National Sexual Assault, Family & Domestic Violence Counselling 1800 737 732 or 1800RESPECT 24/7 counselling for domestic violence and sexual assault, and for people wanting to help family/others in those situations
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78 Supporting men & their families, Australia-wide, 24-hours.
- Vietnam Veterans’ & Family Counselling Service 1800 011 046
- Gambling Help 1800 858 858
- Victims Access Line 1800 633 063 For victims of crime, NSW only.
- Gay & Lesbian Counselling Service & Infoline (02) 8594 9596 or 1800 184 527 Counselling and information for all people dealing with sexuality and/or gender issues. 5:30pm – 9:30pm, 7 days.
- GLBT Resource Guide
For young people
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 For young people 5-25yrs, Australia-wide, 24-hours.
- A Friend’s Place 1300 654 556 National centre for childhood grief.
- Headspace 1800 650 890 National youth mental health foundation.
- Reach Out! Online information and support service for people 16-25.
- Love Is Not Abuse Information about the warning signs of teen dating abuse.
Pregnancy & birth
- Calmbirth childbirth education program with mindfulness and meditation
- Sarah Buckley Australian GP & author of ‘Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering‘
- PANDA Post & Antenatal Depression Association
- Wonder Weeks Book & App on international research into babies’ typical fussy phases
- Raising Children Network Australian resource for parenting
- Ask Dr Sears Internationally renowned attachment parenting expert – with some great tips on sleep!
Visit our bookshop
Browse our bookshop for recommended books on self-help, mindfulness, counselling and psychotherapy.
Counselling & psychotherapy resources
Unlock your own inner resources
Step into a richer life today
Contact me to see how counselling and psychotherapy can help.